About the CPQR
Highlights and News
- The Spring 2021 NSIR-RT Bulletin in now available! Click here to view.
- CPQR is excited to release our Decade of Impact report. This report summarizes CPQR’s
initiatives over the last 10 years and the impact our work has made on the radiotherapy
- CAPCA and CPQR are pleased to announce that effective October 1, 2021, CPQR will become a standing committee within CAPCA. CAPCA’s new Canadian Partnership for Quality Radiotherapy Committee will serve as a pan-Canadian radiation treatment network hub and provide direct stewardship of programmatic quality guidance and national radiation treatment incident reporting. CPQR membership will continue to be multi-disciplinary, pan-Canadian and will bring forth the patient perspective. Details will be communicated in the coming months
Our Activities and Beyond
CPQR successfully achieved all key deliverables set forth in its 2010 and 2012 project plans. Moving forward it has developed a plan that capitalizes on the momentum created in these programs while continually striving to raise the bar on quality, safety and system performance initiatives in Canada.
Our new programs focus on:
- Equitable access to radiation treatment across Canada;
- Measure variability in radiation treatment plans by providing guidance on standardizing common nomenclature; and
- Patient reported outcomes to guide clinical care and pan-Canadian performance improvement.
CPQR continues to support its existing programs, encouraging uptake and utilization across the country.
Our Steering Committee
The success of CPQR can be derived in part from the strong initial and sustained engagement of the radiation treatment community, through partnership with the professions involved in radiation treatment planning and delivery: the Canadian Association of Radiation Oncology (CARO), the Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists (COMP) and the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
Recognizing that much of the work undertaken by CPQR requires support and input from provincial cancer agencies, CPQR also includes representation from the Canadian Association of Provincial Cancer Agencies. Two patient representatives are also included to ensure that CPQR programs, and strategic priorities address the needs of patients and their families.
Full membership information is available in the About Us page of our website.